Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Youth















Sometimes it is good to be a kid again. Leaving the world of adulthood behind, I recently spent three days with three young people at the happiest place on the planet--Disney World.


I have been to Disney many times, and in fact am one of those grownups who has always loved anything Disney. I believe it goes back to my childhood when I heard about the opening of Disneyland and then would watch the "Wonderful World of Color" on TV and eagerly look forward to seeing what land we would visit....vicariously, that is....each Sunday night.
I remember with happiness the first time I went to Disney World. My three children were five, seven and nine, but I was the biggest kid of all. The magic was everywhere...for them and for me and for Mr. Jorie too. I have been to Disney many times since then, both in California and Florida, and I am filled with anticipation of the fun to be had each time a trip is planned.
I could explain the photos above or you can just let your imagination run wild. My daughter along with two of her friends, very likable young men, pushed me around all day (in a wheelchair that is) and called me, "Crazy Linda." They had all been (or are currently) employed by Disney and know the parks well. It was amazing to be a part of their world for those three fun-filled (no, I mean joy-filled) days!
Queue lines and handicapped access, twizzlers and hamburgers, water rides and thrill rides, characters and real-live characters, smiles and laughter...and then the four of us crashing at our hotel room at the end of a busy day brought pure and simple happiness into my life. The exhaustive and delightful joy of our time together was anticipated but not expected to be so soul-satisfying to this mature soul...who felt like a kid again for three days in August in the happiest place on earth.
Thanks for the memories...Mickey, Kelsey, Sully and Kelly...I love each of you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment