Wednesday, September 30, 2009

September



Try to remember the kind of September when grass was green and grain was yellow...




...oh, how I loved that song when I first heard it--in fact I still do.




And here it is already--the last day of September 2009.




This September has been especially beautiful, with mild days and slightly cool evenings.  The cicadas singing the day away, and the flowers in my planters still in bloom seem like a bonus.  There have been a few rainy days, but those gray days just served to brighten up the lawns again, keeping them green a bit longer.  Although I know that fall is upon us, I have truly enjoyed September.  It has been summer's little bonus for me this year.




Maybe this simple pleasure will last me all the way through the winter to come, but no matter what, September days have been glorious, and they have made me happy.




Happy is good.


I hope you are there too on this last day of September 2009....


...in that happy, contented place.

No comments:

Post a Comment