Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Expectations

What do you do when your expectations have not been met...

...when you feel that someone has let you down...

...when you are disappointed in yourself for hoping against hope that things would be different...

What do you do?

Do you ask yourself if there is something you should have done or should have said differently?  Do you run things over and over in your mind?  Do you try to forget the hurt?  Do you place blame? 

Oh dear, oh dear...oh woe is me. 

No!

I refuse to be discouraged over things which I have no control.  Instead I will be grateful for what I have.  I will live and love.  I will chalk this one up, and find today to be just glorious.  I will choose to stop the loop in my brain that would bring me down.  And when I stop it, I will replace it with moments of delight that the day has brought. 

I will go to God and lay it all at His feet.

That's what I will do.

Oh yes, and I will forgive and keep on loving....and of course keep on hoping....there's always hope. 

Light is so much better than darkness.

It's good to be 62 and be so wise.

Happy Birthday to me.                                               

2 comments:

  1. "Let us then lay aside the works of darkness and put on the armor of light." Romans 13:12. For the past month I have written that on my calendar for each day. To me, the 'armor of light' is stribing to live an asset-based life each day, rather than being diminished by stressing the liablities. Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying your positive outlook on life--we need that so much more these days!

    ReplyDelete