Thursday, January 15, 2009

Children




The world belongs to my children.

My son is currently a journalist working in the middle east. My daughter-in-law is Hungarian. They were married in Budapest. They have lived in and traveled to many different countries, and thus take our family vicariously around the world with them.

Check SpellingMy oldest daughter is Elli's mom. She teaches special needs children. Having spent four years teaching school on a Naval base in Japan, she has had the opportunity to live, work and travel abroad. Now she lives almost next door and we enjoy it that way.


My second daughter recently married a Nigerian man who has lived in London. They are awaiting the birth of their firstborn and studying for the ministry. They currently live just two hours away, however that may change as they plan to follow God's leading and be open to where He will take them in the future.


My youngest daughter, yet a teenager, is attending college and working on enhancing her photographic skills. She recently completed an internship at Disney World in Florida where she met and made friends with people from many different places. She is preparing for her next step in life wherever and whatever that may be.


I am pleased to say that the world is a smaller place than it was when I was growing up, and my children have taken every opportunity to explore it. They have been blessed in so many ways.



Baby years
Toddler years
School years

Teenage years
College years

While I was watching and guiding and loving, my children grew up to be amazing adults. The guidance and travels and experiences we gave them throughout childhood has allowed them to be who they want to be and go where they want to go.

...as I reflect, I realize that my life was so intertwined in their lives, that I nearly lost myself for many years. Now that they are not always under my watchful eye, I turn to God to keep them safe, to keep them strong and to guide their ways...wherever in this world they go.

...while I look to find myself again...

No comments:

Post a Comment