Saturday, January 24, 2009

Wisdom




With age comes wisdom.



I have hope that I will one day see the Great Pyramids of GeCheck Spellingiza, visit the Eiffel Tower and live to see my great grandchildren. I have hope that my new garden perennials will come up each and every year. I have hope for many things--things that I can envision may very well come true....





....but I know for certain that I will never:



Dust my furniture every week.

Floss my teeth each day.

Clean my refrigerator on any regular basis.

Be satisfied with the shape of my body.

Exercise regularly.

Apply makeup daily.



Not too long ago, I came to the conclusion that some things will never change for me. I suppose that once I reached a certain age, wisdom came softly into my heart.

Reality spoke loudly then that I will never do some things. Things I had always thought would be attainable, are not ever going to happen.

Now don't let me hear you say that I could change any of the above, because time tells me that I will not. And that I believe is acceptance in a nutshell.

Feelings of guilt or regrets can just fly away leaving only acceptance in their wake.



With wisdom comes acceptance.


With acceptance comes contentment.


With contentment comes happiness.



It is so good to let go.....



No comments:

Post a Comment